Monday 5 August 2013

SEVENTEEN Miracle Matte Foundation *Review*

Ok, it's taken me a while to get round to writing this review but here we go!

 photo image.jpg

Ok so, I'd never heard of let alone tried the brand 'seventeen' but I decided to give it a go as the packaging caught my eye and so did the purse friendly price. But what a mistake that was.

I prepped my face for the foundation - cleansed, primered etc. and then when I added the foundation to my face it didn't spread well at all. It just kinda smeared on, looking patchy all over and the patches were orangey which was also bad considering I had purchased the foundation in the lightest shade available named 'fair'. Fairly orange more like. I wasn't able to blend it at all as it was too thick, like a paste. I was so disappointed but I decided to give it another go but this time without using any primer, as I thought it might have been causing the bad blending. But even with no primer it went on exactly the same. My boyfriend even had a little laugh when I came downstairs with it on, how embarrassing! :).

To say this foundation was awful would be an understatement. I know that sounds harsh but I really don't want anyone making the same mistake I did because it was truly a waste of money. I like to take risks and try out new products but sometimes it really is worth sticking to what works for you and paying out that little bit extra for quality.

2 comments:

  1. Hrmmm..Never heard of this foundation, but thanks for the heads up! I hate buying stuff and finding out it's crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you're fortunate enough to live in a country that doesn't sell this crap :) where in the world are you anyway? :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment/some love/a question. I'll get back to you as soon as possible! Until then keep rockin' on!